I'm accused of being a hippy quite often by my 'relatively conservative' pals.
It didn't help when I let it slip I had a Shaman, or that I meditate every day though.
That probably explains the abuse I get.
Well, anyway. What I want to talk about tonight is affirmations.
I've been using them daily for over 2 years.
I believe 'self-talk' creates mindset.
If you control the relationship you have with yourself, you can begin to steer your path.
Even if you don't get in 'full control'... You can certainly have a positive impact.
Below is a list of 10 affirmations I use. They were written for my by a friend which helped me a lot as writing my own felt really alien, if that makes sense.
- I focus on what is truly essential
- I feel energetic and full of life
- I fill my mind with positive thoughts
- I find all solutions within me
- I feel the joy of abundance
- I plan my work and work my plan
- I make the most of new opportunities
- I have the power to change myself
- I feel wonderful and alive
- I am at peace with myself
[I generally repeat this 5 times to myself each morning]
Now, this list can be anything at all... It's for you.
You're not likely to be as new-age as myself, so you may want to put this in a voice that speaks your language.
But the important point is that it is improving the way you think of yourself.
Remember, how you perceive yourself isn't necessarily how the rest of the world perceives you.
A lot of people never realise this.